- 1 What can we use instead of beeswax?
- 2 How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- 3 How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
- 4 Can I use honey instead of beeswax for lip balm?
- 5 What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
- 6 Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
- 7 How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
- 8 What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
- 9 Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
- 10 Do you need shea butter to make lip balm?
- 11 What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
- 12 What can I use instead of shea butter in lip balm?
- 13 Is beeswax good for lips?
- 14 Is honey a good lip balm?
- 15 How do you make lip balm with honey and sugar?
What can we use instead of beeswax?
Best Vegan Beeswax Alternatives
- Candelilla wax. Native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States, candelilla wax is an affordable lubricant used in varnishes, lip balms, and lotion bars.
- Sustainably-harvested carnauba wax.
- Soy wax.
- Bayberry wax.
- Synthetic beeswax.
- Plant oils.
How do you make homemade lip balm naturally?
- Melt the beeswax, cocoa, and shea butter in a double boiler.
- Add the hemp oil, almond oil, and honey, and stir until it turns into a liquid consistency.
- Add honey to this mixture.
- Blend the ingredients using a milk frother.
- Once it reaches medium-thick consistency, pour the balm into jars to set.
How do you make lip balm without shea butter or beeswax?
Ingredients for DIY Lip Balm without Shea Butter: 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil. 1 tsp Almond Extract or Almond Oil or essential oils. Clear Lip Container (found in target travel section or HERE) Double Boiler (I recommend these)
Can I use honey instead of beeswax for lip balm?
I recommend using a liquid organic honey as it will be easier to mix with the oils and beeswax than creamed honey. You will also need lip balm containers that you can buy on amazon here. The most important ingredient in this lip balm is the beeswax; it is a natural emulsifier that combines oils and water.
What can I use instead of beeswax in lip balm?
If you prefer not to use beeswax or you just don’t have it on hand, you can still make an awesome lip balm or gloss! Coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and castor oil can all be used in various proportions to make a solid, hydrating lip gloss.
Can I substitute coconut oil for beeswax?
Since carnauba wax is much harder than beeswax, we recommend replacing the required amount of beeswax with a mix of half carnauba wax, half soft plant oil (such as coconut oil). This combination works well for making plant-based salves, lip balms, and even candles!
How do you make lip balm with 3 ingredients?
3 Ingredient Lip Balm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon natural beeswax pastilles.
- 2 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil.
- 2-3 drop therapeutic grade organic peppermint essential oil.
What ingredients do you need to make lip balm?
What You’ll Need To Make Homemade Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil (solid, not fractionated)
- Raw Honey ( This is an optional ingredient.
- Sweet Almond Oil (you may substitute this with olive oil, avocado oil, or jojoba oil)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Empty Lip Balm Tubes.
- Beeswax Pellets (or carnauba wax)
- Double Boiler.
Can you make lip balm with just coconut oil?
Obviously you can just smear some coconut oil on your lips all on its own to soothe chapped lips, but if you take five minutes and a few supplies that you probably already have, then you can bring it to a whole other level. You’ll need: Coconut oil, preferably organic, virgin, and unrefined.
Do you need shea butter to make lip balm?
You can use any solid butter you like in this recipe with good results. If you don’t have shea butter, use all cocoa butter, or try mango butter or avocado butter. I especially love mango butter in lip balm recipes.
What ingredients should not be in lip balm?
Avoid lip balms that contain menthol, camphor, phenol or any sort of alcohol. These ingredients may provide an immediate cooling sensation but can irritate the skin. In some cases they even remove the outer layers of skin leaving your lips unprotected and susceptible to environmental hazards.
What can I use instead of shea butter in lip balm?
Avocado butter is a great substitute for shea butter. Find it in the Winter Lip Balm recipe. Cocoa Butter: Obtained from cocoa beans, cocoa butter has a wonderful chocolate-y aroma. It also has a slight neutral beige color.
Is beeswax good for lips?
Beeswax is a very popular moisturizing lip balm compound; It was the inspiration for all of our lip balms. it contains natural emulsifiers which also help retain moisture making them helpful for dry or chapped lips. According to the Mayo Clinic it is one of the best ways to prevent chapping and heal damaged lips.
Is honey a good lip balm?
Honey can help moisturize your lips and protect cracked lips from infection. It also works as a mild exfoliator and can help remove dry, dead skin from your lips. Choose organic honey, and apply to your lips throughout the day using your fingers or a cotton swab.
How do you make lip balm with honey and sugar?
1. HONEY-SUGAR LIP SCRUB
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of sugar.
- Massage the mixture into your lips and leave for 10 minutes or so.
- Remove with the help of a wet face washer.