- 1 Can you add essential oils to lip balm?
- 2 How do you use essential oils in lip balm?
- 3 What can I do with used lip balm tubes?
- 4 How can I add smell to lip balm?
- 5 What is the best essential oil for lip balm?
- 6 How much essential oil do you put in lip balm?
- 7 Can you use food extracts in lip balm?
- 8 Can you use orange essential oil in lip balm?
- 9 Can you use tea tree oil in lip balm?
- 10 Can you recycle plastic lip balm tubes?
- 11 How do you sterilize a lip balm container?
- 12 How can I naturally sweeten my lip balm?
- 13 How do you add color to homemade lip balm?
- 14 Which lip balm is best?
Can you add essential oils to lip balm?
Yes! You can use any essential oils in your lip balm. Just be sure they are good high grade oils. Be careful of not using too much of a “hot” oil.
How do you use essential oils in lip balm?
Melt beeswax, coconut oil, Jojoba and Vitamin E oil in a small double boiler (or in a jar resting in 2 inches of water in a pan). Once melted, take off the heat and stir in the essential oils. Pour the mix into lip balm containers. Allow to cool before use.
What can I do with used lip balm tubes?
If you have old chapstick/lip balm tubes that are empty laying around, then you can use an eye dropper to fill them back up, or you can try and pour them if you’re feeling adventurous or like to clean. I actually kind of want these since they’re really cute.
How can I add smell to lip balm?
If you want a stronger scent, gradually add more flavor oil until you reach the desired strength. When the lip balm flavor oil, coconut oil, oranges, and beeswax have all been combined, it’s time to pour the combination into the container.
What is the best essential oil for lip balm?
Some other good essential oils that are safe to use in lip balm are: lavender, sweet orange, clove (use very little as it’s warming and strong), tea tree (use very little as it’s strong), spearmint, mandarin, lime and of course peppermint and lemon.
How much essential oil do you put in lip balm?
A general amount is 2 drops per container, but this varies depending upon the essential oil used. Less is better when it comes to essential oils, as you don’t want to end up with lip balm that will sting or irritate your lips! Citrus essential oils can be phototoxic.
Can you use food extracts in lip balm?
Number One Rule: Always use lip safe flavors and colorants! Fragrance oils are not approved for use on lips and not all colorants are okay for lips. Extracts, from the store in the baking section, usually will not mix with your oils/wax mixture. Food coloring does not mix into oils and waxes.
Can you use orange essential oil in lip balm?
Supplies. You only need a few supplies to make your own sweet orange lip balm. You’ll want to grab pure shea butter, sweet almond oil, beeswax pallets, and sweet orange essential oil. Don’t forget containers to put your homemade lip balm in!
Can you use tea tree oil in lip balm?
Coconut & Tea Tree Oil Lip Balm – This delightful and effective lip balm only requires four ingredients: beeswax, coconut oil, vitamin E oil and two to three drops of tea tree oil. The tea tree oil works to fight bacteria, meaning this balm will last and last.
Can you recycle plastic lip balm tubes?
Empty tubes of lipstick, shadow containers, mascaras, foundations, and more can be recycled —just not in the same batch as the plastic Dasani bottles in your bin. Make sure to look into recycling programs done by many makeup brands.
How do you sterilize a lip balm container?
If you’re going to use the containers immediately, I recommend popping them into a fresh pot of boiling water for five minutes, to completely sterilize them.
How can I naturally sweeten my lip balm?
Stevia suspended in organic coconut oil is an all natural and vegan sweetener that is easy to incorporate in your lip balms, butters & glosses. Derived from a South American herb that has been used as a sweetener for hundreds of years, Stevia is up to 30 times sweeter than sugar, so a little goes a long way.
How do you add color to homemade lip balm?
- Heat oil in a double boiler. (I use a glass Pyrex® mixing bowl in a saucepan of boiling water.)
- Add the desired amount of powder (alkanet, madder, or both).
- Stir until the oil has reached the desired color.
- Strain into jars.
Which lip balm is best?
The Best Lip Balms on Amazon, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers
- Burt’s Bees.
- ChapStick Classic (3 Sticks) Original Lip Balm.
- Aquaphor Lip Repair Ointment.
- Blistex Medicated Lip Balm SPF 15.
- Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm.
- Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm.