- 1 Are lip balm tubes recyclable?
- 2 Are Nivea lip balm tubes recyclable?
- 3 What can I do with used lip balm tubes?
- 4 What can you do with empty lip balm tubes?
- 5 What can you do with unwanted lotion?
- 6 How do you clean and reuse lip balm tubes?
- 7 How do you clean chapstick tubes?
- 8 How do you remove the last bit of chapstick?
Are lip balm tubes recyclable?
Consumers can now recycle tubes from Burt’s Bees Lip Balm, Tinted Lip Balm and Lip Shimmer, as well as the plastic caps from all Burt’s Bees products, at Gimme 5 recycling bins across the country or by mailing the products in.
Are Nivea lip balm tubes recyclable?
Recyclable & Recycled Skincare Packaging Material at NIVEA And as part of Beiersdorf’s 2025 target, we are aiming for 100% recyclable, refillable or reusable packaging by that date.
What can I do with used lip balm tubes?
If you have old chapstick/lip balm tubes that are empty laying around, then you can use an eye dropper to fill them back up, or you can try and pour them if you’re feeling adventurous or like to clean. I actually kind of want these since they’re really cute.
What can you do with empty lip balm tubes?
6 Things to Do with Empty Lip Balm Tubes
- Make Your Own Lip Balm. Homemade lip balms.
- Carry Jewelry. Store jewelry in old lip balm tubes.
- Hide Money! Store cash discreetly in old lip balm tubes.
- Create a Seasoning Shaker. Salt and Pepper shaker in a lip balm tube.
- Make a Mini Sewing Kit.
- Use in Arts & Crafts Projects.
What can you do with unwanted lotion?
If the lotion is simply old (if it’s been open for over a year), you should throw the lotion away and recycle the bottle. Using lotion this old can be dangerous for your skin. Many recycling facilities accept #2 HDPE (high density polyethylene) bottles, which lotion bottles are typically made out of.
How do you clean and reuse lip balm tubes?
Lip Balm Tubes: To clean your lip balm tubes, simply wind the tube until the bottom comes all the way up and wipe residual balm off with a q-tip or paper towel. Toss into a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes until excess balm melts out (our tubes are BPA + BPS FREE so no need to worry about leaching chemicals!).
How do you clean chapstick tubes?
If you’re going to use the containers immediately, I recommend popping them into a fresh pot of boiling water for five minutes, to completely sterilize them.
How do you remove the last bit of chapstick?
Step 1: Cut one fuzzy end off a Q-tip, then use that freshly trimmed end to scoop the remaining lipstick out of the tube and into a small, empty container. Step 2: Point a hair dryer on low at the container to slowly melt the lipstick, being sure to keep the dryer at least ten inches away.