- 1 How big is a lip balm container?
- 2 What can I do with old lip balm containers?
- 3 How do you sterilize a lip balm container?
- 4 How do you make lip balm with Vaseline?
- 5 How much does a lip balm tube hold?
- 6 How do you make lipsticks?
- 7 How do you reuse empty lip balm tubes?
- 8 How can I reuse old makeup?
- 9 Can you remelt lip balm?
- 10 Can you reuse lip gloss tubes?
How big is a lip balm container?
Cosmetic containers for lip balm, solid perfume and other body products. Compact and contemporary, these little white plastic jars with white lids have a 0.25 ounce capacity, and measure 1 1/8′ in diameter and 1′ tall.
What can I do with old lip balm containers?
If you have old chapstick/lip balm tubes that are empty laying around, then you can use an eye dropper to fill them back up, or you can try and pour them if you’re feeling adventurous or like to clean. I actually kind of want these since they’re really cute.
How do you sterilize a lip balm container?
If you’re going to use the containers immediately, I recommend popping them into a fresh pot of boiling water for five minutes, to completely sterilize them.
How do you make lip balm with Vaseline?
Combine three tablespoons of vaseline or petroleum jelly with one teaspoon of honey. Warm in the microwave, using 30 second increments, until melted. Or melt over low heat in a double boiler. Pour melted honey lip balm into small pots and let cool before using.
How much does a lip balm tube hold?
They hold about 0.15 ounces of lip balm.
How do you make lipsticks?
- Melt the oil, butter and waxes in a double boiler on low heat until melted.
- Add the colorant, mix well.
- Pour in the empty lipstick tube as explained above.
- Put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Unmold as per instructions.
- Use within one year.
How do you reuse empty lip balm tubes?
6 Things to Do with Empty Lip Balm Tubes
- Make Your Own Lip Balm. Homemade lip balms.
- Carry Jewelry. Store jewelry in old lip balm tubes.
- Hide Money! Store cash discreetly in old lip balm tubes.
- Create a Seasoning Shaker. Salt and Pepper shaker in a lip balm tube.
- Make a Mini Sewing Kit.
- Use in Arts & Crafts Projects.
How can I reuse old makeup?
Here are some of our favorite ways to reuse expired makeup.
- Custom Nail Polishes. If you have an expired eye pigment or shadow, they can be used to make great custom nail polishes.
- Mascara Wand.
- Dried Lipstick.
- Nail Varnish DIY.
- Lip Balm.
- Use Your Imagination.
Can you remelt lip balm?
One of the great things about making lip balm is that it’s almost impossible to mess up! You can always remelt it and add more ingredients until you are satisfied with the final product.
Can you reuse lip gloss tubes?
You may think that old lipstick tubes seem like a throw-away item as soon as you finish the lipstick, but think again! After they are cleaned, these tubes can be recycled to hold Q-tips, bobby pins, or toothpicks. Perfect to throw in your purse! Recycle or upcycle, but keep those containers out of the landfill!